Overcome Sales Call Reluctance®!
- Are you concerned about where your next client is going to come from?
- Do you spend more time making excuses than making contacts?
- Do you put all your energy into direct mail pieces or other forms of indirect contact, i.e. email?
- Are you secretly ashamed that you are in sales?
- Do you feel you might lose your job because you just can’t meet the company’s sales requirements?
- Are you always “putting out fires” instead of prospecting for new business?
- Are you willing to step up to the plate and commit to play a bigger game?
- Are you willing to stop making excuses and take responsibility for your performance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are the perfect candidate for overcoming Sales Call Reluctance!
FEAR-FREE SALES PROSPECTING & SELF-PROMOTION WORKSHOP®
The Fear-Free Sales Prospecting and Self Promotion Workshop*
When you conquer your fear of selling, you gain the ability to create your good life. That’s the goal of the Fear-Free Sales Prospecting and Self Promotion Workshop. It is specifically designed to identify and eliminate emotional barriers keeping you from consistent business prospecting. It also teaches you to take responsibility for your business by getting creative and focused on solutions so you can forge your own life experiences.
Combining an eight-hour seminar with a four-week follow-up program, “Fear-Free Sales Prospecting and Self-Promotion Workshop®” is based on the best-selling book, The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance, by internationally noted behavioral scientists George W. Dudley and Shannon L. Goodson.
With many training programs, it is difficult — if not impossible — to measure their efficacy in terms of enhanced knowledge, implementation of that knowledge, and increased revenue for the company as a result of implementing that knowledge.
The Fear-Free Sales Prospecting program not only addresses the five levels of anticipated business results, but it uses state-of-the-art delivery and follow through tools, including but not limited to individual assessments, evaluations, goal sheets, coach call prep sheets, personalized one-one-one coaching and online blending coaching, to provide proven and demonstrated results in these areas:
|Level 1:||Reaction – Feedback from participants regarding the likeability of the program.|
|Level 2:||Learning – A measure of the knowledge acquired, emotional skills improved, and attitudes changed due to the training.|
|Level 3:||Behavior – A study of how well participants took what they learned and transferred it to their day-to-day prospecting activities.|
|Level 4:||Results – A gauge of how applying the new skills caused phone and prospecting activities to actually increase.|
|Level 5:||ROI – Bottom-line proof that the participants’ improved prospecting impacted the business in terms of actual dollars earned.|
Basic Sales Process:
- Identify Prospects – The first step is identifying prospects so that the salesperson/recruiter has a resource pool from which to draw. The better qualified the prospects are ahead of time, the easier it will be to initiate contact, make the introduction, deliver the information, and influence that prospect to buy.
- Initiate Contact – The second step is initiating contact with the prospect so that the salesperson/recruiter can introduce him or herself, present their product or service, and influence the prospect to buy. This is often the phase where Call Reluctance rears its head.
- Introduce Self – If the first contact is, “Hello,” the necessary next step is the introduction, so that the prospect will know who the salesperson/recruiter is and understand their credentials and/or background.
- Inform – Once a prospect has been identified, contact has been made, and the salesperson/recruiter has introduced him or herself, the next phase is informing the prospect about the product or service so that they understand its relevance to their business or life.
- Influence – Whether it’s identifying pain or describing the benefits of a product or service, the last phase involves influencing the prospect so that he or she is convinced they must buy the product or service.
This workshop is specifically engineered to help salespeople become more effective at Initiating and Introducing (employing consistent phone time).
It teaches concepts and introduces tools for staying focused and learning how to handle one’s emotions (the real trigger of Call Reluctance) throughout the ups and downs of daily phone prospecting activities.
When the Fear of Prospecting attaches itself to salespeople, it is known as Sales Call Reluctance. The various forms of Call Reluctance reduce an individual’s efficacy and achievements by setting self-imposed emotional limits on the number of contacts they allow themselves to make (i.e., their prospecting activity).
The workshop also addresses how fear shows up during the actual sales calls, themselves.
Based on more than three decades of research, the Fear-Free Sales Prospecting Workshop features a system of integrated technologies designed to:
- Diagnose Call Reluctance, or one’s emotional hesitation to prospect;
- Prevent Call-Reluctance Contagion, as Call Reluctance can spread from one person to another within a company or department;
- Prescribe scientifically proven techniques for countering all 12 types of Call Reluctance.
Course outcomes focus on increasing the number of contacts a participant initiates with potential buyers.
The objective of the Fear-Free Sales Prospecting and Self-Promotion Workshop is to encourage and enable individuals to initiate contact with prospective clients/buyers in sufficient numbers to achieve or exceed career goals.
This is accomplished by:
- Recognizing the importance of self-promotion activities and sustained visibility in order to meet one’s objectives.
- Understanding the difference between ethical and unethical self-promotion.
- Learning what Call Reluctance is, and understanding what causes it and how it can affect anyone at any stage of their sales career.
- Identifying the 12 types of authentic Call Reluctance, as well as the Call Reluctance Imposters, behaviors that masquerade as Call Reluctance, but really are dictated by other emotions or needs.
- Confronting each individual’s own areas of Call Reluctance, as measured by the SPQ*Gold: The Call Reluctance Scale.
- Learning to overcome Call Reluctance through powerful, state-of-the-art techniques.
- Devising and applying a personal action plan for implementing the techniques learned to overcome Call Reluctance.
- Learning self-management skills for improved performance.
- Making a commitment to overcome self-imposed limitations, utilizing proven post-workshop follow-through procedures.
- A copy of the definitive bestseller, The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance, by George W. Dudley and Shannon L. Goodson.
- An exclusive 80-page color workbook.
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing with SPQ*Gold: The Call Reluctance Scale.
- Personal Prescription Profile — A step-by-step, four-week action plan, individualized for each participant to eliminate Call Reluctance.
- Simple and effective tools, procedures, and technologies for implementing one’s individual Personal Prescriptions, including the Super BioScale Card, Thought Zapper, and more.
- Comprehensive monitoring and reporting technologies, accomplished via a four-week follow-through program.
- Four follow-through sessions specifically customized for each participant and designed to reinforce the positive behavior changes learned in the Workshop.
A recent study of participants in the Fear-Free Sales Prospecting and Self-Promotion Workshop found that as long as 18 months after attending, participants retained more than 70% of the detailed, technical material they learned in the program. This unheard-of retention level (most workshop participants retain about 10 percent of what they learn just 3 months after the fact) is influenced by several important instructional principles that have been engineered into the Workshop.
Measure of ROI:
As previously indicated, the Fear-Free Sales Prospecting program proves its demonstrated results and success in the following areas:
Participants’ appreciation for the materials learned are measured through written evaluations at the end of the workshop.
Knowledge acquired, emotional skills improved, and attitudes changed as a result of the training are measured by the participant’s improved ability to start prospecting consistently.
The transference of knowledge gained in the workshop to the participants’ day-to-day prospecting activities is measured by tracking their increasing prospecting numbers.
Application of the new skills to day-to-day prospecting activities is measured by the number of face-to-face appointments or sales presentations each participant is able to set because of his or her increased prospecting.
Proof of the impact of the improved prospecting activity on the business’s bottom line is measured by new client acquisition that tracks back directly to the increased prospecting.
Connie Kadansky is a speaker/trainer/coach and an authorized representative for Behavioral Sciences Research Press, the world leaders in research and training for Sales Call Reluctance. Connie has a proven track record with clients in diverse industries who have increased their sales after working with her.
Sales Call Reluctance® is a registered trademark of Behavioral Sciences Research Press, Inc.