Did you know when your hands are warm, it literally tricks your brain into being calm?
Call reluctance, the emotional hesitation to prospect, causes blood to be rerouted from your extremities to your vital organs. This is the body’s reaction to protect the vital organs from perceived harm. That is why your hands tend to turn clammy and cold when you are distressed. They have less blood to warm them. Clammy hands may be enough to trigger your call reluctance button.
Experiments conducted in the Fear-Free Prospecting and Self-Promotion workshop illustrate the point. Initial fingertip temperatures were obtained from all participants. Then the group was told that two of them would be selected at random to make cold calls in front of the group. A second series of fingertip temperatures were taken, revealing an average drop of six to ten degrees. Call reluctance is merciless. It even saps the blood from your fingers.
Prepare a hot water bottle before you starting telephone prospecting. It is powerful and can be used to block many episodes of call reluctance before they get started. You be the judge. Give it a try. Experience how much warmer your tone and your experience.
Take a short online quiz to find out how much Sales Call Reluctance is Costing You. https://www.exceptionalsales.com/services/workshop-training/your-prospecting-ekg-complimentary/
Sales Call Reluctance is the emotional hesitation to prospect and promote. It is an invisible self-protective barrier that keeps salespeople from earning what they are worth.
There are 16 types of Sales Call Reluctance. Telephobia (fear of telephone prospecting) is one of the easiest to overcome! Two Americans won a Nobel prize about their research of the brain and the sense of smell in 2004. Many of my clients, including, but not limited to, five (5) former military fighter pilots used the sensory injection prescription to overcome their telephobia. Email me if you want more details on sensory injection. It’s too technical to explain in this short post.
There are four steps in Overcoming Sales Call Reluctance:
- Aware that you are not setting enough appointments to reach your goal. Aware that you are not making the kind of money you want to make.
- Assess your call reluctance. You can invest dollars in a comprehensive assessment or take a free assessment with only your first name here: Prospecting EKG
- Admit your call reluctance. This can be the most difficult step. One must surrender to the fact that you are experiencing call reluctance. Call reluctance rarely gets better without admission and intervention. Once you admit, you are on the road to solution.
- Apply proven techniques to overcome call reluctance which requires conscious shift in perspective.
What would it be like to pick up the phone and make prospecting calls without fear? Consistent, confident prospecting simply becomes part of your business day!
Please register now for a complimentary webinar that provides further solutions to this energy-draining challenge. Click here to register. If you are not available on the day and time, register and you will receive the recording. How to Overcome Sales Call Reluctance
Connie Kadansky can be reached at email@example.com or 602-997-1101
Yesterday I talked with a proven top sales performer. I asked her to share her most recent success story. She shared that she just landed a company that she had called 80 times in the last four years. At first I thought that was pretty excessive, until I did the math. She called approximately every six weeks and four years later landed the client. That is what I call persistence!
Please listen to my blog talk radio interview with Scott Love about how to make successful sales calls. He talks about how we influence our prospects by our voice. 73% of a phone conversation is your tonality (pace, pitch, volume, inflection, pausing, attitude).
Connie Kadansky, Sales Call Reluctance coach, 602-997-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org, helping salespeople get their ask in gear.
You're sitting in your office after promising yourself yesterday that you would start making cold calls today . . . and you reach for the phone and you stop. . . you suddenly remember you need to make a dental appointment, then you remember your dog is overdue for grooming, then it hits you that your spouse's birthday is in two weeks and you need to buy a present. Yes, you are avoiding making your calls.
Here are some tips to help you right now:
1. Take a deep breath — it will slow down your mental processes that are overactive and chaotic, creating your anxiety. (Yes, it's not cold calling that is causing your anxiety, it's your thought about cold calling.)
2. Make sure that both of your feet are on the floor as you close your eyes and take a second deep breath.
3. Think of a current client/customer who really believes in you and you are part of their inner circle. Keep thinking of them until a smile comes across your face.
4. What is the value you provide for this client/customer? What do they say about your products/services? Be specific. Ease yourself into allowing yourself to recognize your value. Jot down the key points.
5. Pick up the phone with the thought of this client/customer in your mind and that you are simply going to find your next client/customer.
You can re-train your brain to prospect consistently.
Call Sales Call Reluctance Coach Connie at 602-997-1101 today or email her at email@example.com. She will help you help yourself. Connie helps you solve your own cold call challenges.